The Honky Tonk Angels
(A Musical Comedy in Two Acts)
Written By Ted Swindley
Directed/Musical Direction By Danielle A. Flury-Downey
“Country Classics combine with a hilarious story about three good ole gals who follow their dreams to Nashville.” Songs include: Stand By Your Man, Coal Miner’s Daughter, 9 to 5, I Will Always Love You, and Harper Valley PTA.
3 Women (Ages can range from late teens to fifties):
Angela: A Texas housewife, (30s to 50s) she has a great sense of humor and a fiercely independent streak. She is an earth-mother comedienne.
Darlene: A young woman, (late teens to early twenties) from the deep South. She is pretty, and simple. A woman who grew up in the coal mining town of West Virginia and the Mississippi Delta.
Sue Ellen: A Los Angeles career woman (20s to 40s). She is a “citified” country girl. Smart, very attractive, sexy and frustrated.
Band Includes: Piano, Bass, Drums, Pedal Steel Guitar, Fiddle, and Lead/Rhythm Guitar
Chorus: There will be a small chorus of 4 or 5 women. (Ages late teens and older; all vocal ranges)
*NOTE: Please come with a prepared piece of music for auditions, and I will provide the script scenes to be read. It will be a closed audition.
Auditions: Sunday, October 13th, at 2 pm in Hall; Monday, October 14th, at 6 pm in Hall
Read Through: Tuesday, October 22, 6 pm in Theatre
- Summer Musical – The Music Man – Opening July 12-28, 2019
- Old Time Radio Show August 9, 2019, One Night Only
- Love, Lies & the Doctor’s Dilemma, by Michael Parker, Farce/Comedy Sept. 20 – Oct 6, 2019
- The Game’s Afoot, by Ken Ludwig, Farce/Mystery/Thriller Nov. 1 – 17, 2019
- Gilewitz Guitar Concert, Saturday, December 7, 2019, One Night Only
- The Enchanted Bookshop December 13, 14, 15 Youth Program
- Winter Musical Honky Tonk Angels, a Ted Swindley Production Jan. 10 – 26, 2020
- The Odd Couple – Female Version, by Neil Simon, Comedy Feb. 14 – Mar. 1, 2020
- Will You Still Love Me in the Morning, by Brian Clemans & Dennis Spooner, Farce/Comedy Mar. 20 – Apr 5, 2020
- Last of the Red Hot Lovers, by Neil Simon, Comedy May 1 – 17, 2020